How to prepare, cut and send the tail hair
BEFORE YOU SEND ANY TO US PLEASE CAN YOU WASH IT AND BRUSH IT OUT AS IT IS NOT NICE FOR US TO HANDLE DIRTY HAIR AND IF HAIR IS RECEIVED NOT CLEAN THEN IT MAY BE RETURNED AND THE COST DEDUCTED FROM YOUR REFUND.
- If you are using hair from a horse no longer with you then send us hair at least 16 inches long and about the width of your ring finger, tie it tightly at one end with a rubber band, hair tie or thread. If this is a not possible then please call us and we can discuss options.
For an existing horse then:-
- You will need a sharp pair of scissors, a rubber band or strong thread and a plastic bag.
- First make sure that the tail is clean and do not use any show sheen or conditioners. Wash the hair thoroughly either before or after cutting. Comb out the tail completely to make sure there are no tangles.
- With the tail in your hands, go to the end of the tail ( furthest from the dock), part the tail to expose the centre of the tail. select a small amount, about the width of your ring finger, tie it tightly with a rubber band, hair tie or thread.
- Now holding the tied part in one hand, with the other follow the hair up the tail bone (dock), discarding as many short hairs as possible.
- Cut the hair close to the tail bone. Be careful not to cut the horse.
- Loosely coil the hair and place it in a plastic bag preferably a Zip lock bag for shipping.
- Write your order reference number, name, address and phone number on the bag or on a piece of paper and put inside the bag.
Put the bag in an A5 or bigger envelope and send to:
Mr A Twine
Please also write your return address on the envelope when posting your hair so that if it does get lost in the post it can be returned to you by the Post Office.
Note that if insufficient postage is paid the parcel is held up by the Post Office. We have to pay the difference plus the Post Office charges an additional £1.00 fee and we will have to go the the main Post Office to collect it which in turn costs £1.20 parking plus £3.00 fuel. Therefore we will request a further payment from you for £5.20 BEFORE we make yout bracelet
Please inform us if you require any unused hair to be returned to you with your completed order. Use the "comments" box when processing your order